Lecturer in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Job Title: Lecturer in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Reports to: Business Delivery Manager Construction and
Regulated Activity: Yes
Salary: £24,047 - £29,510 Lecturer – Band 1: Range 23-30 per annum
£29,510 - £36,268 Lecturer – Band 2: Range 30-37 per annum
To teach electrical & electronic engineering and associated subjects levels 1 - 3 including embedment of English and maths as appropriate
For Band 2 position:
To undertake course leadership and curriculum development duties within the faculty
1. To prepare teaching/learning materials.
2. To conduct teaching/learning activities appropriate to the needs of individual students, courses and the curriculum, keeping attendance records and maintaining student discipline.
3. To set, mark and record relevant coursework and assessments.
4. To counsel and guide students in respect of their academic progress and, as appropriate, their pastoral concerns and needs and making referrals to specialist services as appropriate; contributing to student reports and references as required.
5. To contribute to the work of subject and programme teams, committees and boards, as appropriate.
6. To, at all times, maintain high expectations of learners work, commitment, and behaviour, taking action to ensure the highest of standards are met.
7. To continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your sessions utilising and engaging with the college’s development and observation programmes.
8. To contribute to the development of curricula and specialist facilities within the Faculty.
9. To actively promote the Institute’s programmes, attend open evenings, parents evenings, careers events, school visits and similar marketing and publicity activities.
10. To maintain and extend links with external organisations as appropriate.
11. To participate in the colleges performance and development review scheme.
12. To develop and update personal professional expertise in the relevant subject areas.
13. To apply and actively promote the colleges Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies.
14. To actively promote equality and diversity and apply the colleges E & D policy.
15. To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
This job description is current as the date shown. It may be amended in any way following consultation with the post holder to take account of changes or anticipated changes in the organisation or management of Colchester Institute.