HE Science/Sport Science Lab Technician - Term time only
Starting Salary of £13,676 rising to £14,959 (pro-rata of £15,660 to £17,113 per annum).
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Science and Sports teams within our Commercial Services and Technology Skills area. If you are looking for a new challenge and would like to utilise your skills and experience whilst developing your own career, this role will be both rewarding and fulfilling.
Within this role, you will support the teachers across FE and HE level Science and HE Sports Science courses and the key duties of our Lab Technicians include:
- Set up and removal of lab equipment prior to lab sessions following strict health and safety guidelines.
- Liaising with teaching staff to identify requirements of classes.
- Supervision of equipment for dissertation students on both sciences and sports science degrees
- Arranging quotes for lab equipment.
- General maintenance of lab equipment.
- Maintaining stock levels.
Prior knowledge required
- Experience of working or be knowledge of working within microbiology or molecular biology laboratory
- It would also be advantageous to have knowledge of preparing solutions in a chemistry environment.
The role may suit someone with strong science skills who is prepared to learn the requirements for Sports science.
The working hours will usually be 37 per week on Monday to Friday, which may include some evenings and will be term time only covering both FE and HE terms.
There is the possibility to Job Share.
Essential requirements are a Level 3 or above qualification or equivalent in the relevant area, and suitable experience of working with Science degrees at level 6. You will be a self-starter, who can quickly build relationships, with excellent organisation, planning and communication skills.