Instructor in Animal Management - 0.5 contract
Closing date: Tuesday 26 March 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 03 April 2019
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and self-motivated individual to the role of Instructor in Animal Management. We are looking for an experienced candidate, who has excellent communication skills and has a proven ability to instruct in Animal Management.
This is a fantastic opportunity to pass on your skills at Further Education level and inspire the next generation. Working in a vibrant and positive learning environment, the main objectives of the role will be:
- To deliver of practical and skills based training in Animal Management programmes from level 1 to level 3 and to work with the programme team in the curriculum delivery across all levels.
- To undertake preparation of the learning environment where appropriate for each session.
- To undertake assessments where appropriate.
- To work flexible hours across a range of days
- To supervise learners in classrooms, workshops and realistic working environments.
- To assess the learning environment and maintain the welfare of a range of animal species
- To adhere to all college policies and procedures
The successful candidate must:
- hold a teaching qualification and or assessing qualification
- hold a Level 3 Animal Management or equivalent.
- have experience of teaching, instructing within Animal Management
- have experience of working with young people
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including cycle to work scheme.
SK Group is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CV’s from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.