Work Placement Officer
Work Placement Officer
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Location: Across all Campus sites and employer premises
It is an exciting time to join Wakefield College, staff, students and Governors are celebrating following a successful Ofsted Inspection where the College achieved a rating of ‘Good’ across all inspection areas.
Work placements are an essential part of the 16-18 Study Programme and it is necessary that our students receive access to a meaningful work placement that has a positive impact on their programme of learning.
As a Work Placement Officer, you will have a pivotal role in liaising with employers to ensure that students achieve their potential and are prepared for not only college life, but for life and work beyond college. You will find and explore opportunities for student work placements, build strong relationships with employers and promote the value of work experience with students to enhance progression opportunities.
This is a very diverse role where you will be liaising with lots of different staff and stakeholders with the student at the heart of the role.
As Work Placement Officer, you should:
- Hold a Level 3 qualification
- Have GCSE grade A* - C / 9 – 4 or level 2 equivalent in English and Maths
- Have experience of working with employers in an educational or training setting
- Have experience of negotiating and setting up agreements with stakeholders
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- High levels of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office packages
- The ability to identify and suggest improvements to procedures and systems
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
- Good Pension Scheme
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 1 April 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 10 April 2019
See what we have to offer and come and join us. For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.