Senior Data Analyst and Lead Developer (SQL)
A highly respected group of schools/colleges in Hampshire are recruiting a role to be based from their Gosport office as a Data Analyst/Developer. This is an exciting opportunity to join an Organisation who really value their staff and offer great support and training. The main responsibilities of the role are to develop a detailed knowledge of the data used by the colleges, in order to design and deliver management information on databases, system interfaces, queries, reports and dashboards.
This is a busy role in an interesting working environment. You will be joining a small Management Information System department and will complete a range of data analysis duties with the opportunity to keep learning and further your career. Specific duties will include:
- Designing complex SQL queries for the purposes of data warehousing and intricate SQL reporting integrated into a variety of home grown and ‘out of the box’ solutions
- Applying analytical, system design and data processing skills to produce and design reporting solutions
- Developing tools for collecting, linking and querying data from multiple systems
- Designing and automating the delivery of management information via reports, dashboards, interactive web pages and e-mail
- Completing complex data analysis, with the ability to design the analytical process, fully test and review the results produced
- Utilising demographic statistics and mapping software to place the college within a local and regional context
- Liaising with Local Authorities and other external information providers to obtain details held in other available data sets
- Maintaining and setting up systems to devise proposed annual academic timetables
- Producing raw data sets relating to student choices and assisting with the final allocation of learners to classes
- Assisting with data transfer activities between systems when required
- Line management of a Junior Developer and data analyst.
The Ideal Candidate
For this role it is essential that you have a high level of competency and experience designing complex SQL queries for the purposes of reporting, data warehousing and system maintenance. Literacy, numeracy and effective analytical skills are an essential skill you must have. You must be an effective communicator with the ability of explaining and planning your work with people of different abilities and understanding of analytics and reporting. You should also be able to work accurately and confidently under pressure to meet deadlines and work well with others; however, it is vital that you are able to work alone and in a team-working environment.
This is a great role with excellent progression routes available. We anticipate a high volume of applications so unfortunately cannot reply to every individual application. Please assume therefore if you do not hear from us within 3 working days that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Support staff salary points 43 to 45 (£34,561 to £36,322)
- MS SQL: 2 years (Essential)