- Organisational Type
- GFE College
Continually striving for excellence and a strong Grade 2 College, Wigan & Leigh College is well underway on its journey to becoming Outstanding. With over 9,500 students and a turnover of £27m, the College is in a strong position to continue to move forward and grow.
The College, named FE College of the Year 2018 at the Educate North Awards, has distinct ambitions to expand its choice of programmes and services to meet the needs of the local community and support the economic transformation of Wigan and surrounding areas.
The College has created a community that encourages all students to enhance their learning through wider opportunities and support services; to maximise their achievements and secure progression onto further study, apprenticeships and employment.
Our apprentices are a key part of our journey and we are looking for a Catering Apprentice to join our Catering & Hospitality Team.
Wigan and Leigh College catering services provide high-quality catering for students, staff and visitors across 5 sites. This post will be based at Wigan College but you may be asked to work at other sites to meet the business need.
The duties associated with the role will include you:
- To prepare, cook and serve a selection of hot and cold foods for a counter style service for students and staff at a busy college.
- Follow the procedures for both food hygiene and health and safety.
- Customer interaction and customer service skills including cash handling
- Retail skills for filling confectionary and drinks.
- Be part of a team that reports directly to the Catering Manager.
- Good communication skills
- Good numeracy and an ability to count takings, issue change.
- Professional presentation
- An interest in hospitality and catering
- Customer service skills
The College reserves the right to interview for this post should we receive suitable candidates prior to the closing date.
To comply with legislation, you are required to obtain a DBS check for your role. We will be asking Protocol National Ltd/Safeguarding Ltd to undertake this process on our behalf.
The College is only accepting direct applicants for this role, no agency contact is required.
Wigan and Leigh College is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Is the position not right for you? Share it with someone you know.
Apply for Catering Apprentice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly