Technical Trainer in Electrical
The Curriculum area of Electrical Installations is looking for a Technical Trainer. In this role, you will deliver technical training to an allocation of apprenticeship / full cost candidates, both practically and within classroom environments, as well as liaising with employers, external verifiers, staff and other stakeholders to maximise the success of the candidates. You will also be expected to carry out assessments and undertake pastoral care.
The successful applicant will hold a level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in Electrical Installation, and be willing to obtain a level 3 teaching/training qualification and Assessor Award within 12 months, if not already held. You will also have significant industrial experience within the Electrical sector and display excellent written and oral communication skills.
To coordinate the successful completion of all aspects of an allocation of apprenticeship candidates, including the carrying out of assessments and the undertaking of pastoral care. To deliver technical training associated with an allocation of apprenticeship / full cost candidates, both practically and within the classroom, environments Liaise with employers, external verifiers, staff and other stakeholders to maximise the success of candidates.
- To teach and train candidates both in the college and in the workplace towards agreed qualifications/standards/frameworks.
- Maintain target number caseload of apprentices/full cost learners.
- Undertake target hours for timetabled teaching/training.
- Meet agreed on timescales for sign-up and enrolment processes.
- Carry out progress reviews in line with policy and setting action plans with clear and SMART targets for all elements of the training programme.
- Design, develop coordinate and deliver an individual programme of learning and assessment, including the development of behaviours, to ensure successful completion of candidates within the planned duration
- To co-deliver English, Maths and ICT qualifications as required.
- To recruit and assess new candidates suitable for learning programmes in accordance with college processes and targets.
- To complete health and safety assessments of employers and their premises in accordance to standard requirements.
- To, at all times, maintain high expectations of learners work, commitment, and behaviour, taking action to ensure the highest of standards are met and to monitor candidates progress, including carrying out regular (12-week minimum) progression reviews and target setting.
- To complete appropriate awarding body/funding body documentation and ensure compliance of required procedures.
- To keep and maintain accurate records and documentation.
- To undertake internal verification processes required by awarding bodies.
- To competently and professionally liaise with employers and external verifiers in the completion of the above.
- To attend regular programme meetings and briefing sessions in line with curriculum policies.
- To liaise with the colleges work-based learning and widening participation centres ensuring compliance with college-wide systems and procedures.
- To continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your work utilising and engaging with the college’s development and observation programmes.
- To contribute fully to the development of curricula and specialist facilities.
- To assist in the promotion and marketing of programmes within your team and centre of study.
- To actively promote and apply the colleges Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies.
- To actively promote and apply the college's equality and diversity policy at all times.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
Apply for Technical Trainer in Electrical
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly