If you are interested in playing an active role in the higher education sector especially in a college or a graduate school as a public and community service provider, then make the most of this offer.
This position offers far more than just a job; it gives you a chance to work with the public and help them improve their lives on many levels, this opportunity affords you a rare chance of making a difference in someone’s life while earning a living for yourself as well.
To be considered as the right fit for this position, you must have a genuine empathy towards the concerns of others. You must show a commitment to social and economic justice including community organising, human rights, community development, and empowerment. A knowledge of public safety, crime prevention, and restorative justice programs will also come in handy.
You should also exhibit a clear evidence of interpersonal skills; a lot of the responsibilities you will take on in this role, requires a great level of team effort, so you must be able to build strong working relationships with your colleagues in the institution, as well as members of the public and the students. An experience of demonstrated leadership, management, and administrative ability with a focus on public and community services will also come in handy.
Strong oral and written communication skills are also vital for this position. Having an enthusiastic and flexible approach towards work will help you perform your duties successfully. Ability to work under limited supervision with professionalism is also desirable.
In addition to these desired attributes, you must also possess some basic educational qualification. These qualifications must include:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or college is required, preferably in urban studies, public policy, community development or related public safety field.
- A basic understanding of English language.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in public and community service is advantageous.
- Must be proficient in basic IT skills including Microsoft office programs, google docs, google mail, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft excel.
These requirements are mandatory, and preference will be given to candidates who meet them completely.
This position will be responsible for the following duties which will include:
- Management, development, planning, and evaluation of community support service programs.
- Maintaining good community public relations between the institution and the community.
- Offer advice and providing functional support to students and staff members.
- Participates in gathering and compiling community needs assessment.
- Responsible for the comprehensive and accurate collection, entry, reporting of data, records and reports as required by the institution.
- Participate in the community and the institution’s management staff in program planning, budget preparation, and grant development.
- Identify areas for resource development and organisational capacity building in view of promoting the institutions community and public service goal.
- Lecture, tutor, and supervise students in areas of community and public service development.
- Adhere strictly to institutions regulations and policies.
- Perform other duties as this position will demand.
If this feels right for you. Kindly proceed and submit the necessary applications.