East Berkshire College
About East Berkshire College
East Berkshire College is a thriving Further Education College, which employs over 600 professional and dedicated staff, on a full-time, part-time and sessional basis. We have two main colleges centrally located in Langley and Windsor as well as various community venues.
Join our friendly team and you will not only have a rewarding career, but you will also become part of a forward-thinking community, which is dedicated to helping its staff as well as its students develop their skills and fulfil their potential.
We are keen to recruit talented individuals who are passionate about helping us to deliver the highest standards of education and training to local people, communities and businesses. In return, we offer a supportive and inclusive working environment, where everyone’s skills and ideas are valued and respected.
Now is an exciting time to join our team. In spring 2017, East Berkshire College is due to complete a formal merger with Strode’s College in Egham, Surrey to form a larger college group, which will provide greater opportunities for all our students, staff and the communities of Berkshire and Surrey.
Why work for us?
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees. These include:
- Access to pension schemes for both teaching staff and support staff
- A generous holiday allowance in addition to bank holidays
- Fully-funded in-house teaching qualification programmes.
- Subsidised professional qualifications
- Mentoring support for new staff
- Career progression opportunities and continued professional development
- Family-friendly policies to support work-life balance (e.g. Special Leave Policy)
- Childcare voucher scheme for working parents
- Travel schemes (e.g. Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loans)
- Health and well-being support (e.g. Counselling service and annual flu jab)
- Discounted gym membership at our Sports Centreat Langley College
- Free membership to the Gym at Strode’s
- Staff discount on hair and beauty treatments at The Salon at Langley College
- Use of our college learning centres
- Staff engagement including Staff Ideas Initiative; Staff Awards termly at Strode's.
A diverse college community
As an equal opportunities employer, we are extremely proud of our diverse staff and student community, and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates. The College currently has staff and students from more than 100 nations, and our students are aged from 15 to 85 years old.
Welcome to East Berkshire College 2017 - An introduction to East Berkshire College
9 jobs with East Berkshire College
To deliver A Level Business across the range of business courses, paying due regard to student progression. Regular assessment of student progress
As well as a genuinely satisfying and rewarding job, you can look forward to excellent benefits and ongoing training
As the HR Co-ordinator for the College Group, you will be the first point of contact for a wide variety of people requiring assistance
Overseeing on a day to day basis the maintenance and usage of HR systems, you will support the work of the operational HR team.
To ensure high quality student learning and effective delivery of a teaching programme and paying regard to student progression.
The Health & Safety Adviser will assist in the managing of all aspects of health & safety across the College's remit.
The Human Resources Adviser will provide clear, consistent and timely advice to managers, such as on recruitment matters & employee relations issues.
The purpose of the Senior HR Advisor's role will be to provide professional advice and practical support to Managers & also to support the HR team.
The Information and Compliance Office will ensure that the college operates within the most current individualised Learner Record specification