Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme & Stafford College (working across both sites will be required)
Position: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,138 - £34,257
In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College’s provision and acknowledged NSCG’s ‘positive, stimulating and safe learning environment’, ‘highly motivated staff’, and ‘learners’ exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning’. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
Would you like to be part of a determined, progressive and ambitious college who strives to deliver an outstanding experience for its learners? Then come and join the Faculty of Academic and Creative Studies at Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual with relevant experience to teach Level 3 Criminology and A level Sociology.
You will be an inspiring lecturer with a background in Criminology/Sociology and the ability to deliver varied, high quality and imaginative sessions and have a record of good achievement rates.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver high quality teaching on the agreed courses. A proportion of which maybe remote teaching, learning and assessment via appropriate platforms where required.
• Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
• Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS).
• Has a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
• Relevant teaching experience teaching Level 3 Criminology and A level Sociology within the FE sector.
• Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
• Experience of delivering dynamic and interactive remote learning via online platforms such as MS Teams and Zoom.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
• Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
• 37 Days annual leave (plus banks holidays and Christmas closure period).
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Criminology & Sociology, please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form.(If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 25th April 2021 with interviews being held the week commencing3rd May 2021.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.