Total People deliver English and Maths nationally for a number of partners who we work closely with to ensure that their needs are met. We deliver structured programmes online and face to face and bespoke 1-2-1 experiences all dependent on what is needed to ensure success.
Total People are seeking and enthusiastic and innovative manager to lead on their commercial Functional Skills delivery. Experience of managing client relationships and delivering an excellent learner experience leading to high achievement rates is a must.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a professional organisation, leading a small team, whose focus is always on the learner.
This post is offered on a permanent basis, working 37 hours per week. We deliver our programme nationally with a predominant focus on the Northwest and Greater Manchester. A mix of remote and office-based working is available however you will be required to travel as and when required; working flexibly with some expected delivery outside of normal office hours.
- Manage commercial contracts, meeting clients' needs for quality and reporting
- Manage budgets ensuring invoicing is prompt and costs, income and profit are in line with expectations
- Grow the commercial offering as per growth targets
- Line management of learning coaches and other delivery colleagues where relevant
- Conducting regular performance management reviews based on learner achievement and experience
- Ensuring effective Initial assessment and induction for all learners, to ensure learners are on the right programme and level, and where relevant have the range within the job role to achieve their chosen programme
- Work in partnership with, internal and external key stakeholders to develop and embed an innovative curriculum with supporting schemes of work and learning resources, ensuring there are appropriate plans in place to review annually (as a minimum)
- Hold regular standardisation meetings to ensure the implementation and understanding of learner journey processes is consistent across the team, and learning coaches have an opportunity to share good practice
- Monitor learner achievement and progression monthly and ensure intervention plans are in place when learners do not meet their expected progress
- Plan and timetable exams across the team ensuring invigilation is organised and exams are conducted in line with the awarding organisations requirements and that the AO exams are appropriate for learners
- Ensure Prevent, British Values, Safeguarding and EDI are embedded into delivery as appropriate in line with the contract
- Manage and negotiate the utilisation of the Learning Support Fund via the client ensuring learners who are not making expected progress receive additional learning support
- Instil a high-performance culture in the team with a focus on operating in line with the published company Values and Behaviours
- Provide a comprehensive induction to learning coaches and provide ongoing CPD in line with internal teaching observation outcomes, Awarding Organisation requirements, or other training needs identified
Total People is one of the largest providers of apprenticeships and work-based learning in the northwest. For more information on what we do please visit us at www.totalpeople.co.uk. If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding sector, please visit our website to apply.
Total People is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the job description.
The closing date for this job advert is 29/04/2021 however sometimes the job advert may close early if we receive a good response, so we recommend you apply at your earliest opportunity.
Total People is committed to the safeguarding, protection and wellbeing of young people and adults. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.