(Permanent, full time, 36 hours per week)
We are looking for an efficient person to contribute as a member of the Examinations team to ensure that the entry, registration and examinations undertaken by Learners at all College sites are managed effectively and efficiently and completed in accordance with the Awarding bodies requirements. Further, that the data involved in these activities is recorded accurately within the College’s Management Information Systems (MIS).
You will have a minimum of one year’s experience in an administrative role and qualified to minimum Level 2 Literacy & Numeracy and Level 3 administration or equivalent qualification.
Salary: Band E, Points 13 – 16, £21,312 - £23,319
Application form and further details of the post available from the Stanmore
College website: www.stanmore.ac.uk or by telephone on 0208 420 7739
Closing date for applications is Thursday, 22nd April 2021
Interviews will take place on Thursday, 6th May 2021
To contribute as a member of a team to ensure that the entry, registration and examinations undertaken by Learners at all College sites are managed effectively and efficiently and completed in accordance with the Awarding bodies requirements. Further, that the data involved in these activities is recorded accurately within the College’s Management Information Systems (MIS).
- Ensure the timely collection, and submission of exam data within the guidelines set by the College and Awarding Bodies
- Assist the Exams Manager in the generation and transmissions of examination submission (via Electronic Data Interchange) to examination boards and receive results for examinations by EDI.
- To ensure that achievement data is recorded in an accurate and timely manner to maximise funding and success rate data
- To ensure that the working practices adhere to all JCQ and Awarding Bodies regulations
- Contact external invigilators to arrange attendance for exam invigilation
- Assist in the preparation of the exams timetable
- Issuing of results to student and staff including dispatch of certificates
- To liaise with Maintenance Department & Technical Services regarding the suitable preparation of exam venues following guidelines
- Keep departments updated with circulars/information from Examinations Boards
- Receive and check examination papers on arrival at the College and also of scripts prior to dispatch.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of examination papers, boards, regulations, and development and use this information to provide more detailed or specific advice and support to staff and students.
- Ensure secure filing of student examination records and maintain appropriate student confidentially
- To invigilate exams as required
- To assist with MIS(Data duties at peak times and as and when required
- Ensure that adequate audit evidence in kept and maintained to support internal & external audits
- To deal with enquiries from staff, students and other stakeholder and to assist in resolving enquiries with the team.
- Maintain confidentiality of student data and adhere to the College’s Data Protection and Information security policies
- To undertake Staff development and training relevant to the position
- To have a flexible approach to working hours including evenings, weekends when necessary
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the level of the post as required.
This job description is current at the date shown below. In consultation with the postholder, it is liable to variation by management within a reasonable timescale to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job.