Full time 37 hours per week
Working hours 8am - 10pm Monday to Saturday on a 4 weeks rota (3 weeks daytime to 4:30pm and 1 week on late to 10pm, the late week would include a Saturday and a later start.
Starting Salary £19,463 per annum (£19,463 - £20,395) Salary progression after 6-month probation
Based at the Welwyn Garden City Campus with travel to the St Albans Campus
Oaklands College, is a vibrant, inclusive and progressive Further Education College, with a commitment to student success provided through the best possible learning environment and student experience.
The vision of the College’s Facilities team is that they will provide a College environment that is attractive, safe, clean, tidy and meets the needs of all our customers. You will provide an effective and responsive in-house maintenance and caretaking service. You will work closely with other members of the Facilities team and curriculum staff to provide a safe, well-maintained environment, taking a customer focused approach.
To be considered for this role candidates need to hold the following;
• Good standard of general education, including English and Maths
• Relevant level 1 qualification or equivalent experience
• Experience of working with young people and the public
• Experience of working in a manual environment
• Experience of multi trade repairs
• Full UK Driving Licence
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the required skills and experience, please apply by submitting your application today.
Please refer to the attached job description for more information about the role.
Closing Date: Sunday 9th May
Interview Date: Remote interview via Microsoft teams on; Wednesday 19th / Thursday 20th May – second stage interview on Wednesday 26th May.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Generous annual leave – 30 days plus 8 days bank holiday
• Automatic entry into the Local government pension Scheme.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.