Programme Tutor- Early Years
Salary: £24,705 to £38,000 (depending on experience)
Oldham College – Rochdale Road, OL9 6AA
Permanent | Full Time
We’re expanding! Do you want to be part of the fastest growing college in the North-West? Is your passion in developing students to help others? Then Oldham College is looking for you!
We are searching for a passionate and enthusiastic individual from a background in Early Years to join our growing team. Any teaching experience is welcome. If you have a passion for developing learners then we have a passion for developing you.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity for modern, forward thinking, professional with a strong background in health to join the Faculty of Caring Professions. You will be a part of a team of experienced technical and professional staff, delivering a diverse curriculum that provides our learners a clear progression route into Apprenticeships, higher levels of study and into the job market. We will be enhancing our curriculum offer in 2021/22 with the introduction of T levels in Education and Childcare and as a Programme Tutor within the Early Years Department you will be at the forefront of developing and delivering this new curriculum.. Deborah Allen – Head of Faculty
The Successful candidate will possess:
· At least 3 years relevant industry experience
· A good understanding and experience of current industry practice.
· Good understanding of the current Government and national priorities for FE and skills agenda and impact on own curriculum area
· Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise work to meet deadlines.
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
· Possess a Degree or equivalent professional qualification in an appropriate subject
· Possess a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths or a willingness to achieve within a specified period
· Possess, be actively studying for, or be willing to study for a recognised teaching qualification (e.g PGCE)
Oldham College is an award winning college in fields of technology, teaching, and as is officially a ‘great place to work’. To find out more about on of the only Nation-wide nominees for ‘College of the Year 2021’ please visit our vacancy microsite:
Under the Health & Safety etc. at Work Act 1974 it is the responsibility of individual employees at every level to take care of their own health and safety at work and that of others who may be affected by their acts at work.
The College is committed to the safeguarding of all its students, staff and visitors and provides a safe physical environment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place WC 21/06/21
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
South Essex College of Further & Higher Education