The Workers` Educational Association is a unique charity and the UK`s largest voluntary sector provider of adult education. With a clear vision and a strong social purpose, we bring great teaching to local communities, with life-changing courses held in clubs, pubs, workplaces, schools and almost anywhere else you can think of. Since 1903, we have been offering disadvantaged adults the opportunity to return to learning - inspiring them to realise their full potential and become active, engaged citizens. We deliver courses to 50,000 people in 2,300 locations across England and Scotland. Our focus is on social purpose and change and we achieve this by bringing great teaching to local communities.
We are looking inspiring First Aid Tutors who has experience of successfully working with adults to develop their skills to deliver a planned programme of courses in Tower Hamlets and Haringey.
We would love to hear from you if you would like to join us.
Our Tutors are the public face of the organisation - but they are far more than just teachers. Encouraging and supporting students as equals, they build their confidence, knowledge and skills, actively enrich their lives and do whatever it takes to help them get wherever they want to go.
We are currently recruiting for a First Aid Tutor who has:
- Up to date working knowledge and experience of teaching First Aid to diverse student groups.
- Experience of working in community settings.
- A strong understanding of adult learning and a belief in its importance.
- A recognised teaching qualification (PGCE, DTLLS, Cert Ed or appropriate professional experience).
- Experience of delivering non-accredited and accredited courses.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- A desire to share and improve teaching practice.
As a qualified, experienced and capable tutor, you will teach in community venues, use blended learning techniques to include digital learning through our Canvas platform and also have the skills to deliver teaching via Zoom.