37.5 hours per week
£40,000 per annum
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. Employing over 650 staff, Hartpury has a passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
The Health and Safety Manager has a vital role to play in the development of our Health, Safety and Environmental strategy and underpinning frameworks which include the overall management of Hartpury’s Health and Safety policies to enable all campus operations to be conducted safely and with due compliance.
About the Role
- You will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of all aspects of health and safety including policy development and implementation, accident and incident reporting, risk assessment, annual reporting to governors and the delivery of training.
- You will promote a positive health and safety culture across Hartpury liaising with staff, students, contractors and other key stakeholders.
- You will help Hartpury continually identify, evaluate and monitor risks and be responsible for compliance with all health and safety statutory requirements.
- Leading by example, you will encourage and support improvements in health and safety performance through development of policy, procedures and quality systems to support a safe working and learning environment ensuring high quality standards and embedding of best practice.
- You will be the main professional adviser leading on audits and inspections across a diverse educational provider which includes a world-leading equine centre, a commercial farm and sporting academies.
- You will act as the ‘responsible person’ for all health and safety matters.
- You will liaise with external stakeholders to include the HSE, Local Authority and sector specific bodies.
- You will conduct accident/incident investigations ensuring statutory reporting requirements are met including RIDDOR.
- You will have substantial health and safety experience, ideally with recent experience of working in an educational environment or allied industry.
- You should be professionally qualified (NEBOSH or equivalent).
- A Chartered Member of IOSH or Graduate working towards Chartered Membership.
- You will have an excellent working knowledge of health and safety legislation and with a ‘can do’ approach be able to provide pragmatic solutions within a complex environment.
What we Offer
- Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Discounts Scheme
- Onsite fitness facilities
- Support for continuous professional development
- Flexible working opportunities available
- 30 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
Click the button below to see full details and to apply online or telephone (01452) 702135 to request documents by post.
Click here to view the full Job Description and Person Specification.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 23rd June 2021.
Interviews will be held w/c 5th July 2021.
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.