About Northampton College
Northampton College is proud, as the leading provider of further education in the South East Midlands region, to have been ranked, in the 2018/2019 National Achievement Rates Tables (NART), as 7th out of more than 200 colleges for 16 to 18-year old education and training. As a College, who have been rated by Ofsted as ‘good’ with outstanding features, we are committed to developing the professional and technical skills of our students, who are the workforce and leaders of the future.
The School of Academy, Public Sector and Commercial Enterprise supports over a thousand students studying across nine curriculum areas. The Forensics and Criminal Investigation curriculum was launched two years ago and has been the fastest growing area within the college. This new team are keen to develop the curriculum with engaging and interactive sessions in the new science labs and a specialist CSI room.
You will be responsible for preparing equipment and materials for forensic science and criminal investigation practical's. Maintaining a high standard in the science laboratories and in the CSI room. Responsible for the ordering and maintenance equipment and consumables. Supporting teachers in creation and implementation of risk assessments for practical’s.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, abilities and qualities will include:
· Level 3 in Science qualification
· Experience of working or training in a laboratory environment
· Good understanding of Health and Safety
· Ability to work within a team, having good attention to detail and be self motivated.
· Awareness of safeguarding, Equality and Diversity and Data Protection
Rewards and Benefits include
· 35 days pro rata annual leave, comprising 24 personal days, pro rata (1 September – 31 August), including 8 bank holidays and 3 closure days. The College reserves the right to designate up to 3 closure days per holiday year **Holiday entitlement will be included in monthly pay to the value of 35 days per annum pro rata
· Discounts through membership of the NUS, ranging from Student Prime (Amazon), to eating out, fashion, beauty, entertainment, technology and travel
· Eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined contribution scheme including an employer contribution rate of 18.6%)
· Access to continued professional development
· Free car parking
· Gym facilities
· 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Support Helpline
· Enhanced maternity/shared parental and paternity schemes
· Paid Compassionate Leave - up to five working days paid absence (in a rolling twelve-month period) on compassionate grounds in the event of bereavement or serious illness of a close relative)
Job share will be considered for this post
This post will require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Eastern Colleges Group
Leeds City College