JUNIOR ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR
(Permanent, 36 hours per week, Term Time Only + 2 weeks (40 weeks) – Starting 16th August 2021
We are looking for a Junior Activities Coordinator to plan and support the delivery of a variety of enrichment activities including those focusing on mental health and wellbeing. The role will include daytime supervision of the Sports Hall activities including the Fitness Room and assisting with the supervision of the Student Lounge. The post holder will play an important role in the encouragement of student participation in all enrichment activities at Stanmore College.
A qualification in the Sports and Leisure industry and a current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain one is required. A Youth Work qualification is desirable.
Salary: Band E, Point 13 – 16, £21,312 – £23,319 per annum (F/T salary)
£19,643.27 - £21,493.12 (P/T salary)
Application form and further details of the post available from the Stanmore
College website: www.stanmore.ac.uk or by telephone on 0208 420 7739
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 28th July 2021
Interviews will take place on Friday, 13th August 2021
JOB SUMMARY: Supporting the planning and delivery of a wide variety of Enrichment activities. Supporting the daytime supervision of the Sports Hall activities including the Fitness Room and assisting with the supervision of the Student Lounge. The post holder will play an important role in the encouragement of student participation in all Enrichment activities at Stanmore College.
- Supporting the planning and delivery of enrichment activities in conjunction with the Enrichment Team Leader, with a particular focus on activities to promote student wellbeing.
- Supporting the day-to-day supervision of the Sports Hall, Fitness Room and the Student Common Room.
- Ensuring the safety of all users participating in all enrichment activities and dealing with any first aid situations.
- Overseeing the maintenance of a high standard of cleanliness in and around the Sports Hall and the Fitness room.
- Setting up and clearing away of all enrichment activities, keeping a stock-take of all equipment and laundering equipment, where necessary.
- Arranging Sports fixtures with other colleges/partners as required.
- Undertaking coaching/supervision of all enrichment activities as required.
- Assisting with the implementation of funding programmes.
- Assisting with the development of a quality service to users.
- Developing a friendly but efficient working relationship with the students who use the facilities.
- Dealing with enrichment enquiries and providing a high standard of customer care.
- Actively liaising with students in tutor groups, the common room and around the campus to promote enrichment activities.
- To provide input into the College Tutorial Programme as requested by the Enrichment Team Leader.
- To proactively support the College’s student voice and ensure that students views are sought. To attend Student Parliament meetings as directed by the Enrichment Team Leader.
- Liaising with teaching staff and tutors with regards to the enrichment programme.
- Taking responsibility for health and safety, equality and diversity, safeguarding and data protection within the scope of the post.
- Undertaking administrative and reporting duties associated with the role.
- Undertaking other activities relating to cultural calendar, clubs, societies, personal development, employability and health and well-being.
The jobholder can be required to carry out any other duties consistent with the grade of post, at any site on which the College may operate.
This post may require occasional evening shifts to support college sports teams’ fixtures
The job description is current as at the date shown below. In consultation with the postholder, it is liable to variation within a reasonable timescale by management to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job.