Full time 37 hours per week
Based at the Welwyn Garden City Campus
£37,111 - £40,258 per annum - includes a market supplement. Depending on experience and qualifications
***Industry experts apply - Teacher training provided
Oaklands College is looking to recruit an outstanding Curriculum Team Leader. If you have a genuine passion for Civil Engineering and the Built Environment, are relentless in your pursuit of quality and want to help shape both the current and future workforce, then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a motivated, outstanding and experienced Civil engineering/Construction & Built Environment Lecturer who is looking for an opportunity to demonstrate Curriculum management. The successful candidate working with The Head of Department will lead and support the Construction Management area and will have a focus on developing the Curriculum delivery model as well as supporting the management of the team. If you are passionate about success and can do the above, then we want to hear from you!
Oaklands College delivers a range of 16-18 study programmes, HE programmes in partnership with the University of Hertfordshire and UCSA and work with prestigious employers in the delivery of apprenticeships.
The successful candidate would be required to teach on a range of CBE at Level 3, 4, 5 within the classroom and in the workshop. It is essential to be able to teach CAD/Revit at L3 and 4. If you have an assessor qualification and building services experience this would be welcome
We offer a structured induction programme for those new to teaching, you will be paired with an experienced mentor and start on a reduced teaching timetable, gradually increasing as your experience and skills strengthen. You will gain broad experience in a teaching environment from enrolment, SAR process to results day. You will also have the opportunity to experience a variety of departments at the College. In additional to this we will offer you in depth coaching and the opportunity to achieve a recognised teaching qualification.
To be considered for this role candidates need to hold the following.
• Have relevant vocational or professional qualification in relevant area
• Have a recognised teaching qualification or be willing to work towards
• Evidence of ongoing CPD
• Minimum of two years’ teaching or training experience
• Experience of curriculum management, team management and development
• Proven ability to develop and deliver good teaching, learner centred learning and have a commitment to the application of ILT
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the required skills and experience, please apply by submitting your application today.
Closing Date: Thursday 19th August
Interview date to be confirmed
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• The chance to train towards a teaching qualification / assessor qualification, paid by the College
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Truro and Penwith College
Central Bedfordshire College
Greater Brighton Metropolitan College