VARIABLE HOURS LECTURER - MATHS
We are looking for a Variable Hours Lecturer in Maths to teach across a range of courses including GCSE and pre-GCSE Maths at Level 1 & Level 2 and A Levels. There may also be a requirement to cover Level 3 Core Maths teaching when needed. You must be enthusiastic and highly motivated, have a flexible approach to work and be able to work as a member of team
A relevant degree or professional qualification is required. Applicants without any qualifications but with substantial experience teaching their subject area may be considered. An appropriate teaching qualification or commitment to obtaining the qualification within the specified time period.
Salary: £20.83 - £32.46 per hour
Application forms are available from the Stanmore College website, www.stanmore.ac.uk or telephone 020 8420 7739.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 2nd August 2021
Interviews will be held on – to be announced
1. To teach scheduled classes as requested.
2. To prepare schemes of work and maintain such records as appropriate and directed.
3. To contribute learning materials and assignments to the collective learning resources of the Corporation.
4. To undertake detailed assessment and maintain other records as required.
5. To mark registers, monitor student attendance and compete registration requirements.
6. To participate in the Corporation’s quality assurance procedures as directed.
7. To contribute to the action planning of students and provide interim and end of year reports as requested.
8. To undertake course and curriculum development essential for own teaching.
9. To participate in subject, course team and curriculum meetings and reviews, for which additional payment will be made.
10. To take responsibility for health and safety, equal opportunities and data protection within the scope of the post.
The postholder can be required to work at any site on which the College may operate and to carry out any other duties consistent with the grade of the post.
This job description is current at the date shown below. In consultation with the postholder, it is liable to variation by management within a reasonable timescale to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job.
Variable Hours Lecturers will not normally be required to carry out the following duties:
Interviewing prospective students
Course Managership (s)
Curriculum development beyond the confines of the immediate subject taught
Liaison with external agencies
Organise student work experience
If any of these duties are required of particular lecturers additional payment will be agreed at the time.
The person specification for the Variable Hours Lecturer job reflects the relatively narrow range of duties required of a Variable Hours Lecturer. Accordingly the range of criteria is different from those applicable to a Lecturer employed on a full-time or fractional basis.
Bedford College Group
Truro and Penwith College
Truro and Penwith College