In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted's recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College's provision and acknowledged NSCG's 'positive, stimulating and safe learning environment', 'highly motivated staff', and 'learners' exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning'. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
Would you like to be part of a determined, progressive and ambitious college which strives to deliver an outstanding experience for its learners? Then come and join the Construction Team at Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified Lecturer in Carpentry & Joinery. Candidates should have joinery qualifications with appropriate industrial experience and be competent to teach and assess up to Level 3 in that area. Responsibilities will include delivering outstanding teaching & learning to students, principally at Levels 1 to 3, as well as the associated responsibilities for preparation and assessment. Candidates should hold, or be willing to work towards, a Level 5 teaching qualification and Assessor/Verifier awards.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- To teach Carpentry & Joinery across the full range of the department's provision up to Level 3 with a clear focus principally on 16-18 full-time students at Level 1, 2 and 3 along with the development of learners on an apprenticeship pathway.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
- To act as a personal tutor or course tutor to a group of students and undertake the duties associated with this pastoral role.
What's in it for you?
- Qualified to NVQ level 3 in a relevant subject and has recent and extensive industrial experience).
- Has a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS or equivalent) or willingness to train for one.
- To be well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme.
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities.
- 37 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period).