Lecturer - £28,954 - £37,698 per annum
Senior Lecturer - £36,545 - £43,789 per annum
37 hours per week
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to over 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role
- You will have substantial experience of teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate level within the field of strength and conditioning.
- You will have experience of applied strength and conditioning practice delivery, ideally having spent time working in industry.
- You will have the expertise to deliver specialist physiology modules that link theoretical concepts to applied contexts in the area of strength and conditioning, with a specific interest in training load being advantageous.
- You will have the ability to support delivery across a range of modules which have a sport and exercise physiology underpinning.
- You will have expertise in physiology of strength and conditioning with the proven ability to deliver at postgraduate level, with PhD supervisory experiences as an advantage.
- You will have completed or be near completion of a PhD in a relevant subject area and/or will have a track record of active engagement in research, knowledge exchange.
- You will possess a relevant industry accreditation, ideally UKSCA but BASES, CIMSPA, or NSCA also welcomed.
- You will hold a teaching qualification (or equivalent recognition) or be willing to complete one within two years of appointment.
- You will be highly motivated with a commitment to delivering the highest quality of teaching and learning experiences and be able to provide evidence of making a positive contribution to student outcomes.
- You will be a strong team player, have module leadership experience and a willingness to engage with external partners and industry connections.
What we Offer
- Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
- Teachers’ pension scheme
- Employee discounts scheme and TOTUM card
- Support for continuous professional development
- 35 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- Free entry to Hartpury events and discounted tickets Hartpury RFC matches
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Click the button below to apply online or telephone (01452) 702135 to request documents by post.
Click here to view the full Job Description and Person Specification
The closing date for receipt of applications is 18th October 2021
Interviews will be held on 1st November 2021
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Hartpury’s expectation is that all eligible staff will be vaccinated against COVID-19.