LEARNING CENTRE MANAGER
(Full time, 36 hours per week, through the year)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Learning Centre Manager to lead our Learning Resources, Study Centre and Social Learning Centre and staff teams. You must have experience of leading and managing or supervising the delivery of front-line services as set out above working with electronic library and database systems and or managing /coordinating Independent learning study skills programme, Diagnostic Testing including English, Maths & Digital skills. You will be highly organised and experienced working with young people and adults.
You will need a relevant degree and preferably a Library and Information Services qualification and/or a full teaching qualification (PGCE, Cert.Ed or similar) or working towards one. Excellent Collaborating cross college staff is essential and you must have good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills combined with a professional attitude to work.
Application form and further details of the post are available from Human Resources, Stanmore College, Elm Park, Stanmore, Middlesex. HA7 4BQ Tel: 020 8420 7739.
Salary : Band H, points 25 – 29 - £29,135 - £32,708 per annum
Closing date for applications is Thursday, 21st October 2021
Interviews will take place on Monday, 1st November 2021
Job Summary: Leading and manging the Learning Centres and staff which include the Learning Resource Centre, Study Coaches & Social Learning Space. Contributing to the strategic and operational development of the Learning Centre.
- Contributing to the strategic and operational development of the Learning Centre by planning, development, review and evaluation of the provision.
- To line manage the Learning Centre team, Study Coaches and Learning Social Space. Including regular performance management, setting of targets which are regularly monitored ensuring that appropriate professional development is provided.
- Co-ordinating the Learning Centre delivery for students at all levels across all Schools and departments. Liaising regularly with Curriculum Managers and Heads of School and Student Services and other Support departments.
- Responsible for timetabling, planning, delivering, and tracking timetabled group sessions for study skills.
- Responsible for timetabling, planning, delivering and tracking small group sessions for learners who may be at risk of academically not achieving their programmes, primarily in literacy and numeracy support.
- Responsible for organising and managing one to one support for academic/study skills for learners referred to the study coach team or LRC. Working with Personal Tutors, Curriculum Managers and Heads of School when required.
- Ensuring the service is provided throughout the day, arranging for cover and amending the staff rota as necessary, ensuring high standards of customer care and service delivery.
- Developing and maintaining on-line sources, taking responsibility for the library management system and other software to ensure an efficient service.
- Ensuring that students are assisted in developing independent learning skills and that student behaviour is well-managed.
- Organising and providing student inductions and user education events.
- Responsible for producing an annual report on the Learning Centres which can then feed into the “Support for Students” section of the College self-assessment report and midterm reviews.
- Producing quantitative and qualitative management reports for AGM that reports on all areas of the Learning Centre, impact and outcomes for learners. Including collaboration to update College policies relating to the Learning Centre and other policies.
- Ensuring that accurate statistics and records are kept of designated areas of the Learning Centre activity and that reports are produced to meet the needs of senior managers.
- To be responsible for updating college systems to record, track and monitor students’ engagement and progress throughout the year.
- Overseeing the Autolib and MyPC systems in the absence of staff ordinarily responsible for them.
- Responsible for managing the Learning Centre budget.
- Assisting with the marketing and publicity of the Learning Centres, including the design and delivery of special events.
- Liaising with other college teams to ensure the effective maintenance of Learning Centre equipment and facilities.
- Deliver, participate in training and professional development activities.
- Act as one of the college safeguarding officers working under the direction of the Director of Student Services. Taking on caseloads and ensuring compliance on recording outcomes, interventions and support.
- Taking personal responsibility for supporting, promoting and following all College policies in relation to health and safety, safeguarding, equality and diversity and data protection within the scope of the post.
The postholder can be required to carry out any other duties consistent with the grade of post, at any site on which the College may operate.
This job description is current at the date shown below. In consultation with the postholder, it is liable to variation by management within a reasonable timescale to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job.