This maintained, community led, primary school in East London is seeking an experienced finance lead, on a part time basis, to July 2022 for maternity cover.
Working closely with the Head Teacher, you will be responsible for maintaining the School's financial procedures and systems in cooperation with the Senior Leadership Team and School Governors, ensuring that both legal and safety requirements are adhered to
- Support in the preparation of annual and three-year budget plans
- Prepare monthly statements of accounts
- Review the operation of school's payroll and monitor expenditure against budget
- Knowledgeable with general principles of taxation applicable to the school
- Provide assistance to HT, Finance, Premises and Resources committee on dealing with Financial Matters
- Day to Day Financial School Management, processing & monitoring
- Managing credit card and reconciliation
- Issuing of cheques/Raising orders
- Maintenance and management of school bank account reconciliation of bank reports and statements
- Payroll/payment of salaries - monthly variations/Payroll reports
- Using Sage Accounting
On a personal note:
- At a strategic level have an excellent understanding of school finance and budget management.
- Is keen to work and learn within a growing School Business Management Team.
- Is proactive and has exceptional organisational and time-management skills.
- Has a meticulous attention to detail.
- Is committed to high standards and improving achievement for all.
- Is dedicated to providing a highly efficient and effective service to enable high quality teaching and learning for all.
This role is working two days per week, flexible hours are available, term time only. The successful candidate will hold a current Enhanced DBS check or be subject to one. Immediate start.