Location: Stafford College
Salary: £29,207 - £37,866
In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted's recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College's provision and acknowledged NSCG's 'positive, stimulating and safe learning environment', 'highly motivated staff', and 'learners' exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning'. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
Would you like to be part of a determined, progressive and ambitious college which strives to deliver an outstanding experience for its learners? Then come and join the Construction Team at Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual who will play a crucial role in realising the department's strategic objectives. You will be an inspiring lecturer with a background in Carpentry and Joinery and specific specialisms in site carpentry and carpentry machinist. You will also have the ability to deliver varied, high quality and imaginative sessions and have a record of good achievement rates.
You will need to demonstrate an understanding and sensitivity towards a variety of learner needs and support the delivery team with a range of innovative teaching approaches to enable learners to reach their full potential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach on a range of full-time, part-time and apprenticeship programmes in Carpentry and Joinery at Levels 1- Level 3 with specific specialisms in site carpentry and carpentry machinist.
- Deliver a flexible and innovative curriculum that is responsive to feedback from current learners and anticipates likely changes in demand from future learners.
- Deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area.
- Undertake the day-to-day co-ordination of staff within the course team so that the College can achieve its overall objective of being excellent in all areas.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has relevant qualifications to Level 3 in C&J and wood crafts.
- Has a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS or equivalent)
- Has relevant qualifications for Assessment and verification of vocational qualifications.
- To be well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme.
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities.
- 37 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period).