EXAMS CONCESSION ADMINISTRATOR
(Permanent, 36 hours per week, term time only)
Do you want to provide support and welfare for students who have a disability and/or a learning difficulty?
If so, Stanmore College has a great opportunity for you to join the Learning Support/Inclusion team to assist the Learning Support Manager in this role in which you will be responsible for the administration of Examination Special Arrangements for our students.
You will have a minimum of one year’s experience of administration, preferably in a school/college. You will have excellent written and oral communication skills and good IT skills including Excel spreadsheets.
Salary : Band F, points 17 – 20, £23,910 - £25,944 (F/T salary)
£20,935.60 - £22,716.57 (P/T salary)
Application form and further details of the post available from the Stanmore College website : www.stanmore.ac.uk or by telephone on 0208 420 7739.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 8th December 2021
Interviews will take place on – Wednesday, 15th December 2021
- To work as part of the Learning Support / Inclusion team to administer the records relating to exam concessions and to ensure that exam concessions are put in place for all learners who are entitled to them.
- Providing administrative support for exam access arrangements, maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all activity relating to this.
- Liaising with previous schools to gather documentary evidence of additional needs and exam concessions.
- Liaising with teachers around evidence regarding normal way of working.
- Liaising with students regarding their exam concessions
- Collating information regarding students who may need a formal assessment
- Collating and maintaining lists of all students, detailing their additional needs and exam concessions
- Ensuring rooms and equipment are booked for exams where necessary
- Reporting any problems about arrangements or any incidents to the Learning Support Manager
- Building relationships with students who have additional needs to help them overcome barriers to learning and supporting them to maximise their learning potential
- Participating in relevant professional development
- Greeting, receiving and signposting students in a positive, polite and friendly manner.
- Contributing to any other Departmental duties as required eg helping with enrolment and induction, contributing to department rotas regarding taking queries from students on a wide range of issues relating to support/signposting, collating materials, etc.
- Should the need arise you may be asked to support a learner on an adhoc basis as an LSA
- Performing administrative and organisational tasks relating to the work of the College, including participation in team meetings.
- Taking personal responsibility for supporting, promoting and following all College policies in relation to health and safety, safeguarding, equality and diversity and data protection within the scope of the post
The postholder can be required to carry out any other duties consistent with the grade of post, at any site on which Stanmore College may operate.
This job description is current at the date shown below. In consultation with the postholder, it is liable to variation by management within a reasonable timescale to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job.