Hart Learning & Development may have the perfect opportunity for you if:
- You’re an amazing logistics tutor who is motivated, enthusiastic and committed to the success of your students.
- You can bring learning to life in a way that engages students, both face to face and online.
- You have a passion for your profession and share our determination to be outstanding.
You will develop and deliver dynamic logistics learning programmes that meet the needs of learners and utilise multiple and diverse teaching and learning strategies. You will plan and deliver employability skills relevant to the logistics sector and deliver in a group setting to learners of varying abilities. These will be on predominantly Employability and Sector Based Work Academies programmes.
- Salary £28k - £30k
- Contributory Pensions Scheme.
- Participations in the Group’s performance related pay scheme (PRP).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Deliver consistently good or better teaching sessions, incorporating an effective range of learning strategies and technologies that enable outstanding learning outcomes..
- Assess learners’ needs and set robust plans and targets to meet their needs on an individual basis.
- Achieve outcomes for clients that provide a wide range of benefits including jobs, apprenticeships, qualifications and other progression routes.
- Provide both academic and pastoral support to students, working with them to raise their ambition and aspiration, ensuring they realise their full potential.
- Manage data for learners including initial assessment, enrolment, and daily registration and ensure all requests for ALS & support needs are processed efficiently.
- Manage individual learner targets, always ensuring that learners are being stretched and challenged to ensure their onward progression.
- Deliver learning programmes flexibly across the provision.
- Work with the Head of Curriculum and Quality and Innovation Centre colleagues to continually strive for excellence and improve standards.
- Contribution to standardisation, team meetings and the Performance Board cycle.
- Undertake aspects of student assessment including assessment of portfolios and liaison with internal and external verifiers and awarding bodies as required.
- Ability to plan and deliver outstanding training programmes and workshops from Entry level up to and including level 2.
- Sound knowledge of stock management systems used in the logistics sector.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to engage and inspire young and sometimes disengaged people
- Ability to work under pressure
- Professional, accountable and responsible work ethics
- 3 years teaching/training experience within and vocational context
- Capable of utilising IT applications and interactive training tools
- Hold or willing to work towards a recognised teaching Qualification. PTTLS/DETS/DTLLS/PGCE
- Hold or willing to work towards Assessment Qualification – TAQA, A1 or equivalent
- Level 2 Numeracy and Literacy
- Desirable: Ability to deliver Logistics apprenticeship programmes.
- Desirable: Experience working in warehouse settings
WHO ARE WE
- Hart Learning & Development (Hart L&D) is a progressive, national learning and development business that helps businesses to improve and grow.
- At Hart L&D, we encourage businesses of all sizes to think about how they engage with emerging talent across three distinct phases:
- The engaging phase is about businesses building a relationship with their future workforce, working with young people to inform and inspire them about careers in their sector and providing them with invaluable experience.
- The training phase is about how businesses attract and train young people through apprenticeship, graduate trainee and other programmes.
- The progressing phase is about how businesses retain and help their talented employees to progress in their business through e.g. higher level apprenticeships, professional development and future leaders’ initiatives.
- We deliver apprenticeships, traineeships, professional qualifications and apprenticeship levy advice to businesses of all sizes.
We are currently working towards an ambitious five-year strategy. To realise our strategy, we need the best people around. We’re building an amazing team, all of whom share our passion, pace and commitment to helping businesses improve and grow, and getting young people where they want to be in life.