Salary: £25,412 – £27,747 (per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Crewe Campus
We are seeking an Trainer/Assessor in Joinery to join our team at our Crewe Campus, with the flexibility to work at our other sites.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Assessor to provide apprentices with an outstanding learning experience.
- Train and Assess learners up to Level 3, in the workplace and classroom
- Support learner progress through assessment in the workplace and curriculum delivery
- Ensuring timely achievement of apprenticeship frameworks and standards
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons in line with college policies.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Assessor qualification (TAQA/A1 or equivalent) or commitment to work towards;
- Industry relevant qualifications to a minimum of a level 3 (City & Guilds/NVQ or equivalent);
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience;
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment;
- Up-to-date occupational experience; and
- This role will be based across multiple sites and therefore a full current driving licence, use of a car and insurance for business purposes are essential to this role.
Please see attached Job Description and person Specification for full-details
- Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
- Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification;
- Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities
- Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to [email protected] by 9am on 4 July 2022.
The selection day will take place week commencing 11 July 2022.
Cheshire College – South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email [email protected] where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant curriculum area.