Business Administrator Apprenticeship – E6 Student Progress Department
City of Portsmouth College
Tangiers Road Campus
£4.60 per hour, 37 hours a week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time Only)
18-month contract (this is a temporary position for the term of the apprenticeship)
Highbury College and Portsmouth College have merged to create City of Portsmouth College. You will be working within a friendly and professional team who are specialist experts.
So if you think you have the technical skills, experience, and passion? Then come and join a ‘Amazing College with Amazing Staff’ and drive your career forward ‘The City of Portsmouth College Way’.
The role of the E6 team is to provide students with a range of opportunities to enhance and enrich a student’s study programme which is achieved through our range of employability and life skills provision.
Specific Key Responsibilities:
- To support the Director of Student Progress and the E6 team with core business functions including general administration, letter and report writing, supporting the completion of paperwork required for external and internal work placements, and data collection and analysis (student and employer feedback).
- Carrying out designated record keeping (including but not limited to; monitoring specific E6 email accounts, updating and organisation of the E6 Department Google Drive & filing systems, updating E6 teams internal tracking system GroFar in relation to placements.)
- To assist the team with E6 marketing, liaising directly with the college Marketing team (Social Media, Resources, Department literature)
- To assist at College functions such as Awards Evenings, Open Evenings (December, February, and June), and Enrolment (August/September)
- To provide a high level of customer service to students, staff, and visitors
- To fulfill your duty not to discriminate against students or potential students or staff
- To assist in the promotion of positive attitudes towards diversity and foster good relations between different people throughout the organisation
- To comply with the College Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- At all times, challenge students who are not displaying ID badges and ensure appropriate interventions are in place for those who persistently do not adhere to this requirement
- To understand and adhere to the duties and responsibilities arising from college policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and child protection
- Comply with the College Health and Safety Policy and take responsibility for your own health and safety and that of other users of the College premises
Any other duties may be reasonably allocated from time to time by the principal.
- Proven ability to meet targets and work to deadlines
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel & Google Docs, and Google Sheets & Google Slides.
- Proven ability to work individually and in a team
- Basic understanding of business processes and administration
- The ability to work using initiative and as part of a team
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good IT skills including knowledge of Excel and Word
- Effective interpersonal skills, for example with students, colleagues, and external partners
- A proven commitment to safeguarding, Prevent and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults
- A proven commitment to equal opportunities
- Be available to attend events outside of normal working hours when required (e.g Open Evenings)
- A commitment to equality of opportunity and widening access to education for all
- This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- Enthusiastic about their role and working within an educational environment
- A flexible, open-minded approach particularly about learning new roles and skills.
- An effective team member who is collaborative, cooperative, and supportive.
- Self-motivated and show initiative
- Keen to establish the highest possible standards
- Equality and Diversity aware and actively promotes E&D fully
- Able to problem solve and stay calm
- Reliable, professional and trustworthy, and a good college ambassador
- Approachable and welcoming
- Well organised with very good time management skills
- Self-aware, emotionally intelligent, and shows intelligent kindness
- Set and achieve challenging personal targets
- Have a sense of humour and enjoy their work and encourages fun
- Be prepared to contribute to whole college events and activities
- Curiously smart – develops new ideas, see problems to solve
- An ability to work flexibly at busy times of the year
- Appreciation of the value of education and the public sector
Entry requirements English and Maths GCSE A/C-9-4 or Functional Skills Level 2
Upon successful completion of the Business Administration Level 3 apprenticeship, you can progress to the Advanced Apprenticeship, should you want to progress your career development further. People completing Apprenticeships and Advanced Apprenticeships with Highbury College have gone on to study higher qualifications such as degrees, been promoted in their company to roles with more responsibility and within a short period of time.