- This is an exciting opportunity to join our School Liaison Team as one of our School Liaison Officers.
- The School Liaison team works with primary and secondary schools to promote the Luminate offer, engaging and inspiring students in all age groups about decisions for their future. We are a friendly and supportive team who love making a difference to young people's lives in the local community.
- We encourage Continuous Professional Development and progression opportunities within the department.
- You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with college wide projects, such as wellbeing, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and Eco initiatives.
- You will join a fast growing and exciting department and share our brand values: INSPIRING, PASSIONATE, COLLABORATIVE, ASPIRATIONAL, CELEBRATORY and RESPECTFUL.
- You will work with school students (primary and secondary) at school and college events, to promote the college offer
- Attend events both face to face and virtually
- Liaise regularly with school staff to advise them of the college offer and support them with post 16 option events
- Provide schools with application data, and support schools with student application and general college queries
- Support the planning of events and activities, working closely with the School Liaison Project Coordinator
- Attend recruitment events, such as school assemblies, careers fairs, parents evenings, as well as college open days and recruitment fairs
- Help to continue to grow the reputation of the colleges and offer an outstanding customer experience
- Meet recruitment targets and use reports and data to understand group priorities
- Work closely within the 50 plus strong Student Recruitment and Customer Experience department, as well as alongside wider teams within the college, including the Marketing department and curriculum
- The role includes travel across the North and West Yorkshire region, evening working and occasional weekends
- Access to a car is essential due to travelling commitments
- This role offers some flexible working options, including working from home days and time off in lieu.
- This role does require some lone working.
- Good general education, with youth work/careers/teaching qualification and willingness to work towards L3 IAG
- Experience of working with students, particularly ages 13-17
- Experience of delivering creative and engaging activities or events to support student engagement
- Experience of working with schools, parents and external support agencies
- Knowledge of curriculum areas and Leeds Enterprise Partnership (LEP) priorities
- Good standard of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications and google applications
- Knowledge of barriers to learning and ways to overcome them, particularly with disaffected young people
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Able to work positively & effectively as a member of a team and on own initiative
- Commitment to Luminate Education Group's support and promotion of Equality and Diversity
- Committed to child protection and the promotion of a safe environment for children and young people to learn in
For more information about the role please contact:
Kerry Walker[email protected]About Us
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders. SAFEGUARDING
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
- Proof of right to work in the UK
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
- Children's barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
- Two professional references
- Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
- Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
- Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.