Fixed Term Contract - 2 years WHAT WE DO
The School of Sport Science and Exercise offers a wide range of courses from Level 1-4 across both 16-18 year olds and adult learners. Our vision is 'Train, Play, Learn', giving young people the opportunity to excel in their sport and their studies combined. We are a large team of both specialist academic teachers and pastoral support staff to ensure that each learner is provided with an exceptional experience with outcomes to match. We are looking for an innovative and passionate apprentice teacher who is enthusiastic in supporting our learners to achieve and progress in their desired career. WHAT YOU WILL DO
- As an Apprentice Teacher, you will learn by working alongside outstanding teachers offering support to young people to achieve their dreams.
- You will gain a firm understanding of classroom dynamics, support methods, differentiation and behaviour management techniques.
- You will explore roles that focus both on academic and the pastoral support of students.
- The apprenticeship will give you full access to a range of activities, training and support from your apprenticeship tutor, your vocational team and the college to boost your confidence and skills on this bespoke programme.
- After completing the apprenticeship others have moved into teaching, coaching and mentoring, safeguarding etc within the college or the wider Luminate Group which includes Leeds 6th Form College, White Rose Academies, Leeds Conservatoire, Harrogate College and Keighley College.
- There are lots of opportunities to progress for the right applicant.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
- A passion for learning and supporting others to reach their potential.
- English and maths at GCSE grade 4 or above (C) or Functional Skills Level 2 English and maths.
- Subject specialist qualification at Degree level.
- Ideally, some experience working with young people in sport.
For more information about the role please contact:
Kim Martin[email protected]About Us
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College, White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT) and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Our focus is to ensure every group member, and the group as a whole, is successful. In order to achieve this, the group members proactively look for ways to support and inspire each other, to strengthen central services and be a guiding light for all our staff and students.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders. SAFEGUARDING
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to complete all the mandatory pre-employment checks, which includes:
- Proof of right to work in the UK
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
- Children's barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
- Two professional references
- Fitness to work; this is conducted by our Occupational Health Provider
- Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
- Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.