40 hours per week
£26,400 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Property Maintenance Operative to join our busy Facilities Management Team, to help provide and maintain a safe, secure and high quality learning, living and business environment, which supports the delivery of outstanding teaching and learning.
The role would suit a multi-trade individual or similar; looking for a new, varied role who is keen to work within a well-established Maintenance Team.
About the Role
- This varied role will see you undertaking a mixture of PPM and reactive maintenance across the site to ensure it is completed within a prompt time frame to ensure it doesn't impact the student experience.
- You will be investigating issues to establish the cause of the damage then undertaking repairs yourself or liaising with respective sub-contractors to arrange repairs.
- To comply with the highest levels of professional standards and promote a positive health and safety culture in line with the existing H&S Infrastructure.
- Ensuring that all buildings and services are in good working order and comply with statutory regulations and the Health and Safety at Work Act and provide the relevant information for repairs directly to the Facilities Administration Team to ensure the buildings and services meet compliance.
- A full driving licence is essential for this role.
- You will be a tradesperson or a technical individual, ideally with a Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering background, capable of maintaining and repairing M&E Plant and building fabric.
- You will be competent in using hand and power tools and have the ability to undertake general maintenance work as required.
- Be a great communicator and able to successfully liaise with other members in your team, to deliver a great maintenance service to enhance the customer experience. A true team player, together with a professional ‘can do’ approach to your work and willing to get stuck in.
- You will be able to work autonomously or in a small team to contribute effectively to the teamwork of the Maintenance Division.
- A great problem solver and able to think on your feet in a customer facing environment. You will need to be flexible, as the Campus continues to grow and will be resilient and quick to react.
- Have a good level of accuracy in completing job details, identifying materials which require ordering and work completed on your PDA.
What we Offer
- 25 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays, rising to 30 days with length of service
- Employee Discounts Scheme
- Support for Continuous Professional Development
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Wellbeing Events and Employee Assistance Programme
- Onsite Fitness Facilities
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Click the button below to apply online or telephone (01452) 702135 to request documents by post.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 17th May 2022
Interviews will be held Tuesday 24th May 2022
Hartpury values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Hartpury’s expectation is that all eligible staff will be vaccinated against COVID-19.