Empowering Learning are supporting an independent provider of specialist education, based in London, who support children and young people aged 7 to 19 years with special educational needs and disabilities typically associated with autism, social emotional and mental health needs and associated disorders. They are seeking to appoint a School Development Partner (Teaching & Learning / Curriculum & Assessment) on a one-year fixed term contract basis from June 2022.
The successful person will have experience as a senior leader (Assistant Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher or Headteacher) within SEN school settings or alternative provisions. You will be responsible for ensuring the consistent raising of standards in Teaching & Learning, Curriculum and Assessment within designated school sites in the East London area, alongside ensuring that the educational systems and processes in place are fit for purpose, in order to engage pupils with effective teaching and learning opportunities.
- Lead the delivery of excellent education provision in all schools and services, as a member of the School Support Team (SST).
- Model, develop and celebrate best practice in teaching across the group.
- Monitor school compliance
- Ensure raised pupil progress and outcomes
- Delivery of a comprehensive CPD package covering all areas of Teaching, Learning and Curriculum.
- Lead on the assessment and curriculum development of Mathematics or English.
- Establish and oversee an efficient and effective Initial Teacher Training Programme.
- Work in partnership with members of the SST to devise and lead on rapid action plans for educational excellence.
- Support Senior Leadership Teams (SLT) and Curriculum leads
- Assist schools, as required, in the absence of any senior leadership due to an open vacancy.
- Develop Middle Leader (Teacher) training and coach small groups requiring intensive support.
- Oversee the process that leaders use for work scrutiny and other quality measures to contribute to improvements in the production and analysis of attainment data.
- Provide support and direction to leadership and teaching teams to ensure that they meet the requirements of the Assessment Policy.
- Undertake lesson observations & learning walks and provide feedback on performance.
Salary offered: £50,000 - £60,000 (Dependent on experience)
To discuss this role in more depth, please contact Kenny Fraser at Empowering Learning on or email