We are recruiting for an ambitious, professional, resilient and respectful:
Lecturer in Plumbing and/or Gas
Salary: Up to £34,917 (up to £42,197 under the College’s sector leading flexible work, holiday and pay policy).
Hours: 37 per week, 52 weeks per year.
Benefits to Support Work Life Balance: 47 days annual leave + Bank holidays. Flexible work, holiday and pay options.
- Build learners understanding in both theory and practical knowledge.
- Teach on courses and work to develop an outstanding provision that has a positive impact on the learner and assessment process.
- Checking learner’s competence against industry standards to enable them to gain their qualification.
- To assist in the development of teaching and learning materials, preparing schemes of work, lesson plans and maintaining records to monitor learner progression, achievement and attendance.
- Highly motivated Plumber or Gas Engineer – with a range of industry experience.
- Either teaching experience or have supported apprentices in the work place.
- Well organised and hold an excellent range of communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft IT packages.
- You will hold a minimum of Level 2/3 in plumbing (or equivalent) and the relevant ACS or renewables competencies would be of an advantage.
- Minimum GCSE grade 4 / C in English & Maths or equivalent.
- Willingness to work towards teaching qualification / or to hold a teaching qualification.
Ideal attributes of applicant:
- You will be comfortable talking and engaging with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a highly organised, collaborative and enthusiastic team player.
- You will have a keen interest in our industry and willing to undergo further training and development.
- You will be ambitious and want to drive to maintain our high standards.
- You are ambitious, professional, respectful and resilient, thriving in a high trust and high performance culture.
- You can make a significant contribution in our mission to provide excellence and opportunity in both technical and professional education, training and apprenticeships.
Other Employee Benefits:
- Free Parking.
- Car Charging Points.
- Onsite Gym.
- Discounts on Motor Vehicle Services.
- Discounts on Hair & Beauty Treatments.
- Discounted Coffee shop and Restaurant.
- Flu Jab Voucher.
- Specsavers Voucher.
- Health & Wellbeing Support Services.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Perkbox – Members Discount Website
If you are looking to make a career change, and get into teaching, we will fully support you to be successful by offering you the time to complete the course and 100% financial support towards the cost of the course; as a college we are committed to your personal development and our mission is to ensure that all members of our learning community grow and develop #BeBetter. Further information about transitioning to the FE sector can be found here: Share your skills and teach in further education - Teach in further education - gov.uk (campaign.gov.uk)