The Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Construction is looking for a Curriculum Area Manager for Engineering (to lead the areas of Electronics, Motor Vehicle and Computing).
Scale MS1– MS6 (£42,653 - £49,624 pro rata). A contribution to relocation costs is available
Contract Type: Salaried (Management) - Permanent
Hours of work: Full time - 37 hours per week
37 days plus statutory bank holidays & College efficiency closures (per annum)
• It is essential to hold a minimum level 5 qualification in a relevant field and;
• It is highly desirable to hold a recognised teaching qualification (such as PGCE), or other appropriate professional teaching qualification.
• If not already held, you will be supported to undertake and achieve a recognised teaching and/or management qualification during employment. For those with teaching or industry experience but no management qualification, we will offer a management training programme to be completed whilst in the role during the first 12 months
The ideal candidate will have:
• Knowledge of the curriculum areas (specialist disciplines)
• Experience of managing learner behaviour and of tracking and monitoring systems.
• A good understanding of quality assurance processes.
• Experience of financial planning, managing budgets and resources.
• The ability to network and build successful relationships with employers and other key stakeholders to ensure the curriculum meets business needs and requirements.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, enthusiastic and comfortable working both independently and as part of a team. We expect excellent interpersonal and communication skills and you will need to have the proven ability to lead, motivate and support staff and learners towards achieving agreed goals. This role requires excellent people management skills, including the ability to reflect, make sound but swift decisions and adapt to the ever-changing educational environment. We will provide a mentor to work closely with the chosen candidate to support them during the first year in post.
All College employees are required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check prior to commencing work (the cost of this will be covered by the College up to 31st July 2023).
With effect from 1st April 2015 all FE Lecturers in Wales are required to register with the Education Workforce Council (EWC), prior to commencing employment (this is to be paid for by the individual at a cost of £45).
Pembrokeshire College particularly welcomes the following: applicants with good Welsh language verbal communication skills /Applicants with disabilities / Armed Forces Reservists / Job share applicants.
Please ensure that the current version of the application form is completed for all vacancies. The current version of the application form is attached to this vacancy.
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 29th May 2022
To apply for this vacancy, please download the attached application form and return this to [email protected]