Location: Stafford College
Full-time 37 hours per week
Salary: Total Overall package of up to £48,253 in year 1 as follows:
Salary - £24,621 - £34,942
Employer Pension Contributions - £5,860 - £8,311
Golden Hello Payment: upto £5,000Holiday: 52 Days per year (Inclusive of Bank hol and Christmas closure)
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is currently home to around 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. In addition, we have a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes.
We are one of only 3 providers in England to achieve an outstanding grade for apprenticeships delivery under the Ofsted's new inspection framework - in fact we're outstanding in every inspection area. To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website.
The College delivers a significant volume and market share of Engineering Apprenticeship standards ranging from Intermediate and Advanced through to Higher levels from its two campuses in Newcastle-under-Lyme and Stafford.
At present, we are investing c£25 million in a new Technology & Engineering facility at our Stafford site and also a further c£20 million at our Newcastle site in a combined project to become an Institute of Technology & Engineering Centre in association with Keele University.
We are looking for suitably qualified individuals to join our pro-active, dynamic and friendly team. The successful candidate will be required to deliver high quality, innovative and engaging lectures on our HE programmes in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering with specific specialisms in Electrical Engineering and Electronics to Level 5. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- To teach on a range of full-time, part-time and HE programmes in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering with specific specialisms in Electrical Engineering and Electronics to Level 5.
- To assist in the development of teaching and training materials for a range of existing and new programmes including T Levels and Higher Technical Qualifications in Engineering.
- To support the relationship with the Awarding Organisations in terms of quality standards for Engineering qualifications to Level 5 and to play a full part in the organisational and developmental work of the Department and Faculty including assistance with quality assurance systems.
- Has a degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering and equivalent higher technical expertise in this field
- Has or be willing to undertake a relevant level 5 teaching qualification (DET/DTLLS/PGCE or equivalent)
- Has industry experience, with current knowledge and the ability to deliver to industry standard.
- Has relevant teaching/training experience within industry or FE sector is desirable.
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
Get in touch
If you wish to have an informal discussion prior to your application, please contact Lisa Reading (Head of Engineering & Construction) at [email protected]
who will arrange an appointment for you to visit the College and answer any initial questions you may have.
What's in it for you?
The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme (defined benefits scheme with 24% employer contribution)
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, please click 'Apply Now' to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 26th June 2022.