At Preston College we take great pride in supporting all of our learners to achieve the qualifications they need, alongside the development of technical skills and knowledge that employers and universities are looking for.
Working closely with businesses across Lancashire, we have re-modelled our curriculum to help bridge the gap between education and industry. For example, our learners benefit from working on live project briefs set by employers, while doing so in a Real Working Environments – reflective of the workplace.
We are also proud to announce that the College recently opened a new state-of the-art £13million iSTEM centre that will bring our ‘One College’ vision of teaching, learning and assessment and our ability to provide an exceptional service to our learners, business partners and stakeholders.
In short, it is our mission is to help make learners the most Employable they can be.
The school of Construction & the Built Environment is crucial to our future development and plays a vital role in the College’s ability to respond to local and regional business needs whilst serving the community we are so proudly a part of. The provision of Painting & Decorating is an area where we believe new energies, ideas, innovation and subject leadership will have a profound change effect and we are looking for an exceptional candidate to work with us to achieve this.
Job Title: Lecturer: Painting & Decorating
Salary: Up to SCP 34 - £34,189 per annum pro rata (Dependant of experience and qualifications)
Hours: 37 Hours per week. 1.0 FTE
Contract Type: Academic
Closing Date for Applications: 28th June 2022
Interview Date: W/c 5th July 2022
The successful candidate for this appointment will be required to apply for appropriate disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring service at a cost to themselves
Our mission is to make our learners the most employable they can be. We do this by supporting all of our learners to achieve the qualifications they need, alongside the development of technical skills and knowledge that employers and universities are looking for.
What we offer:
Preston College have been awarded ‘Gold’ by Investors in People and we have a wide range of benefits for staff. Some of these are outlined below, for a full list visit www.preston.ac.uk/jobs
• Professional Development Opportunities including staff days and supported CPD.
• Opportunities to obtain qualifications essential to your role and support to achieve them.
• Opportunities for career and pay progression, including annual cost of living increases.
• Generous Annual Leave entitlement.
• Local Government Pension Scheme / Teacher’s Pension Scheme.
• Family friendly college policies including special leave, career break, job share and flexible working (role dependent).
• Free car parking.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Subsidised health and fitness suite, hair and beauty treatments and 20% discount off FUNDA children’s holiday club all based at Preston College.