Full-time 37 hours per weekLocation: StaffordSalary: £20,980 - £30,225Salary: Total Overall package of up to £42,418 in year 1 as follows: Salary - £20,980 - £30,225 Employer Pension Contributions - £4,993 - £7,193 Golden Hello Payment: upto £5,000Holiday: 40 Days per year, rising to 45 days following 5 years' service (Inclusive of Bank hol and Christmas closure)
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is currently home to around 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. In addition, we have a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes.
We are one of only 3 providers in England to achieve an outstanding grade for apprenticeships delivery under the Ofsted's new inspection framework - in fact we're outstanding in every inspection area. To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website.
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
We provide a wide range of academic and vocational qualifications from entry to degree level, along with outstanding support services to help students achieve their goals.
We believe our outstanding facilities offer members of staff and students amongst the best college facilities available anywhere in the country.
Would you like to be part of a determined, progressive and ambitious college who strives to deliver an outstanding experience for its learners? Then come and join the Construction & Engineering Team at Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group.
We are looking for suitably qualified individuals (from both industry and the education sector) to join our pro-active, dynamic and friendly Construction team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of outstanding workshop teaching, learning and assessment within the curriculum, that uses innovative and dynamic methods to secure learner success, develops high aspirations and supports positive progression.
Your workshop delivery will be on full-time and part-time Brickwork qualifications along with a range of apprenticeships.
You will develop students' skills and knowledge in brickwork, in line with the new Apprenticeship standards.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Plan and deliver lively and interactive instruction and assessment activities to a high standard on a range of programmes.
- Although activities are predominantly delivered in the workshop environment, there will also be associated work placement training and assessment for those students on work placements and employer-led Apprenticeship standards.
- Mark and assess students' work, in line with College policies and procedures and awarding body regulations
- Deliver an inspirational programme that develops students' skills knowledge and behaviours in brickwork, in line with the new Apprenticeship.
What's in it for you?
- Has a level 2 (or equivalent) in Brickwork.
- Has willingness to complete an assessing and IQA qualification.
- Has industry/professional experience within the relevant sector.
- Has experience of assessing/working with Apprentices in a training environment is desirable but for those coming straight from industry not essential.
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
Get in touch
- The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 following 5 years' service (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
If you wish to have an informal discussion prior to your application, please contact Lisa Reading (Head of Engineering, Construction & Motor Vehicle) at [email protected]
who will arrange an appointment for you to visit the College and answer any initial questions you may have.