LEEDS COLLEGE OF BUILDING
CASUAL LECTURERS IN ENGLISH AND LECTURERS IN ESOL
Hours: Variable hours
Hourly rate of pay: £25.89 or £29.00 per hour (dependant on qualifications)
As an award winning college, we are always looking for exceptional staff to help us to fulfil our ambitions. Providing aspirational teaching is vital to inspiring the next generation in industry.
We are looking for inspirational and confident lecturers to join our English team. You must have good classroom management skills and be able to inspire our learners to achieve. The delivery will be to full time and part time students in a variety of different sized groups, many of which are studying vocational courses at the college. The applicants should have relevant teaching experience in GCSE English or ESOL and possess the following qualifications:
· Subject related degree or equivalent professional qualification
· A recognised teaching qualification
· GCSE English and Maths (Grade A*-C) or equivalent Level 2 qualification
· Minimum of Level 3 (or equivalent qualification) in English or ESOL
The ability to communicate, motivate and understand the needs of young learners is essential. A good knowledge of learning disabilities and/or difficulties is desirable.
In return we offer a warm and welcoming college with outstanding facilities and an excellent benefits package that includes:
· A well-respected occupational pension scheme (Teachers Pensions)
· Free parking at all of our College site (on a first come, first served basis)
· Family friendly policies and opportunities for flexible working
· Superb opportunities for training and development
We welcome applications from newly qualified teachers and those currently completing PGCEs. Equally, we welcome experienced lecturers looking for a fresh challenge or new direction.
So, if you’d like to be part of a unique organisation that supports one of the largest and most diverse employment sectors in the UK, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note that all applications should be completed online. Please visit the vacancies section of our website at www.lcb.ac.uk. CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th July 2022
Please note this position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The College is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is also committed to the ‘Prevent Duty’ and the requirement to prevent people being drawn into terrorism and expects all staff to share these commitments.