At Preston College we take great pride in supporting all of our learners to achieve the qualifications they need, alongside the development of technical skills and knowledge that employers and universities are looking for.
We are a “Good” College and Ofsted agree. We have ambition for all our learners, communities, employers and staff. Our Board of Governors is committed to a Five Year Plan, which sets out our aspiration to become an Ofsted Outstanding College by 2022/23.
Our mission is to help make learners the most employable they can be.
The School of Construction & the Built Environment plays a vital role in the College’s ability to respond to local and regional business needs whilst serving the community we are so proudly a part of.
The provision of Professional construction and Civil Engineering, delivers technical career focused courses from Level 2- to Level 4 HNC to meet the skills requirements of our community and local economy.
We are looking for industry experienced individuals who want to educate the future construction and civil professionals of Lancashire, if you have industry experience in one of the following: Surveying, Architecture, Management, or Civil engineering we welcome your application and can sully support a career transition to Further Education with funded teacher training and mentorship.
Job Title: Lecturer: Professional Construction x2
Hours: 1.0 FTE - 37 hours per week
Salary: From £26,200 (SCP 24) to £35,215 (SCP 34)
Contract Status: Academic/Permanent
If you feel that we are the College for you and that you are the person we require then we welcome your application.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 22nd August at 2022 at 5pm
The successful candidate for this appointment will may required to apply for appropriate disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring service.
Our mission is to make our learners the most employable they can be. We do this by supporting all of our learners to achieve the qualifications they need, alongside the development of technical skills and knowledge that employers and universities are looking for.
What we offer:
Preston College have been awarded ‘Gold’ by Investors in People and we have a wide range of benefits for staff. Some of these are outlined below, for a full list visit www.preston.ac.uk/jobs
• Professional Development Opportunities including staff days and supported CPD.
• Opportunities to obtain qualifications essential to your role and support to achieve them.
• Opportunities for career and pay progression, including annual cost of living increases.
• Generous Annual Leave entitlement.
• Local Government Pension Scheme / Teacher’s Pension Scheme.
• Family friendly college policies including special leave, career break, job share and flexible working (role dependent).
• Free car parking.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Subsidised health and fitness suite, hair and beauty treatments and 20% discount off FUNDA children’s holiday club all based at Preston College.