Newham College is right at the heart of a vibrant and fast-emerging east London. We are one of the most successful Colleges in the Greater London area and our innovative and dynamic approach supported by our high-quality staff team means that we are at the leading edge of local delivery.
Newham College is looking for an experienced HR Co-Ordinator to join our fantastic Human Resources team.
As HR Co-Ordinator, we would expect you to possess a strong customer focus, working directly with the HR Manager. The remit of the HR Co-Ordinator role will be to provide a high-quality and effective HR administration service primarily, but not exclusively, relating to a range of onboarding and lifecycle processes and procedures.
- Undertaking all pre-employment and safer recruitment checks (e.g. right to work checks, DBS clearances, medical clearance and reference checks).
- Issuing conditional offer letters and contracts of employment in line with statutory timescales for new starters.
- Responsibility for the administration of the induction process and new starter orientation.
- Putting new starters on SfP and notification to payroll.
- Monitoring and tracking of probation reviews.
- Responsibility for raising purchase orders through BluQube and ensuring all invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Responding to external requests for references for staff and other general requests (e.g. employee confirmation letters).
- Auditing personnel files periodically to ensure all necessary documentation are in place and can be evidenced.
- HR systems administration and implementation.
- General pay and conditions advice.
- Management of the leaver process, including acknowledgment of resignations and termination of contracts with the agreed procedure, exit interviews, and leaver notification to payroll and all relevant areas.
- Maintaining the College’s Single Central Record to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate at all times.
- Ensure all current and archived paper-based and electronic HR files and records, including individual staff files, are maintained and kept in a well-organized system.
- The post holder must demonstrate a flexible approach in the delivery of work. Consequently, the postholder may be required to perform work not specifically identified in the job profile but which is in line with the general level of scope, grade and responsibilities of the post.
- Ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes.
- Carry out the work of the job in a way that is consistent with the culture, ethos, equalities and inclusion policies of the College.
- Read, understand and apply the College Safeguarding procedures and ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy are adhered to and carried out, especially regarding the employment and management of staff.
- Undertake all duties with due regard to the provisions of Health and Safety regulations and legislation, Data Protection/GDPR, the College’s Equal Opportunities policy and the Use of ICT policy.
If you are an experienced HR Co-Ordinator, looking for work in the East London area, please apply now.
Equality of opportunity
The College has a strong commitment to working towards the implementation of equality of opportunity in both service delivery and employment. The College’s mission and strategic objectives directly support this aim. All employees are required to actively support the development, dissemination, and implementation of this aim and related policies and programs.
Safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects its staff to share this commitment. All posts in the College are subject to a List 99 check. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced Level.