In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted's recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF). The inspection report praised all areas of the College's provision and acknowledged NSCG's 'positive, stimulating and safe learning environment', 'highly motivated staff', and 'learners' exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning'. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry. To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and suitably qualified individual with excellent communication and organisational skills to take on this role within the Skills and Technology department.
Reporting directly to the Senior Administrator you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Centre. Duties are varied and include checking and maintaining systems ensuring that all data is appropriately recorded and stored. To assist the centre staff with a range of activities identified in the academic calendar such as open events, welcome events, parents evenings. To attend team meetings and take accurate minutes when required.
In addition to a good standard of general education, you should have experience of working in a varied and busy administrative and/or secretarial role. You will have a confident manner with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, excellent MS Office Skills (Word, Excel and Access) and will be able to work efficiently to tight deadlines. Hours of work are usually office hours Monday to Friday, but occasional attendance at open evenings and employer events will be required.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- To work closely with and support the Head of Engineering, Construction and Motor Vehicle and Senior Administrator to ensure high standards of administration and support.
- To act as the initial point of contact for all enquiries from students, parents and/or employers.
What's in it for you?
- Has a good standard of education qualified and be willing to undertake any relevant professional development.
- Has previous experience of working in a varied administrative and secretarial role with outstanding organisational skills.
- Has a confident manner and able to communicate effectively at all levels showing professionalism to visitors and guests.
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 24 days annual leave, rising to 30 following 5 years' service (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)