Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach on agreed GCSE Biology programs.
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, and developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
- Will involve teaching GCSE Biology one evening a week
Required Skills and Experience:
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS) or willingness to obtain one.
- Has a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Is well organized and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
What’s in it for you?
- The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in GCSE Biology, please click ‘Apply Now' to complete an online application form.
(If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 21st August 2022.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college-based positions are subject to enhanced DBS checks and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.