Part time, 35 hours per weekReduced Year, 40 weeks per year WHAT WE DO
This is an exciting opportunity to join Leeds City College as a Learning Mentor in our outstanding 14 Academies (14 Apprenticeship Academy and 14 PTECH Academy). We are seeking a dynamic, talented and adaptable individual to undertake this role.
The 14 Academies is an vastly oversubscribed safe and inclusive environment that is accepting of everyone. It provides opportunities to young people to develop, maximise their potential, raise aspirations and embrace their individuality. Relationship building is at the heart of its ethos.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Put in place interventions for whole groups or individual learners to help and support learners both academically and developmentally, often in conjunction with the relevant Head of Year.
- Set targets with individual learners to assist in their academic or development progress, including at Personal Progress Days and the writing of Parent/Carer reports.
- Work within the 14 Academies ethos and culture as well as using relevant tools and concepts such as the effort descriptors and APLs (Academy Progress Levels).
- Update, reflect and maintain the 14 Academies tracking systems continuously, allowing you to recognise the need for interventions and subsequently putting them in place.
You will have:
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
- Experience and knowledge of supporting young people both academically and developmentally, including those aged 14-16.
- Experience and knowledge in delivering and supporting young people on a 1-1 basis.
- The ability to form meaningful and impactful relationships quickly.
For more information about the role please contact:Ellie Barker [email protected]