WHAT WE DO
The role will require working over the Directory, teaching and delivering lessons for Events, Enterprise & Employability and Supported Engagement Programme. The School of Events, Enterprise and Employability offers a wide range of study programmes and apprenticeship opportunities to both 16-18 and 19 learners who are looking to pursue a career in Events, Marketing, Customer Service and Business sustainability. Our course offers range from Level 1, for learners who may be applying to college with limited previous experience of qualifications through to Level 3 Extended programmes of study which enable students to progress to higher education or supervisory positions within industry. The team have an extensive range of skills, knowledge and experience from their specialist industry backgrounds which is invaluable to the teaching, learning and assessment process. The Supported Engagement Programme at Somerville House offer young people who may have struggled to engage in traditional education, the opportunity to re-engage in a supportive and creative environment. The Entry and Level 1 study programmes focus on increasing personal development and skills alongside practical projects to evidence these skills. The team have an extensive range of skills, knowledge and experience working within this provision which not only offers a supportive environment but also focuses on achievement and progression for these learners. WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Create individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course.
- Be responsible for recording student progress.
- Maintain and update knowledge of the subject and / or vocational area.
- Maintain and update knowledge of educational research to develop evidence- based practice.
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
- Holds a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE)
- Recent teaching delivery in relevant subject areas (PGCE teaching placements/experience would also qualify here) which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles.
- Experience of positively managing student progression, advice and guidance in a school or Further Education setting.
- Knowledge of current teaching practices and experience of utilising a range of teaching practices to enhance learner journey and progression.
- Relevant highest level vocational qualification or degree in teaching subject - Maths
For more information about the role please contact:Kelsea Harrison[email protected]