Lecturer in Health
22.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
£26,279.8 - £40,325.57 (full time equivalent)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer in Health to join our Vocational Learning Team at the City of Portsmouth College (CoPC).
As a Lecturer in Health, you will play a key role in providing the high-quality teaching and learning, pastoral and academic support and programme leadership that will enable learners to meet their individual needs in line with the College’s strategic priorities and objectives.
The role would be suitable for an individual who has a strong background in teaching or an individual who would like to transfer their industry experience in Health to learners. The post holder will need to be qualified with at least a Level 4 or Degree in a related subject with relevant industrial/commercial/subject experience. They will also hold, or be willing to complete, a Level 5 or higher teaching qualification.
The post is for 22.5 hours per week, for 52 weeks per year, inclusive of teaching and non-teachign hours. The role is based at Highbury campus but travel may be required between campuses based in Portsmouth on occasions.
Main responsibilities of the Lecturer in Health are:
- To teach on a range of College programmes, providing high quality learning opportunities
- To provide flexible assessment opportunities and closely plan, monitor, track and record student retention, achievement and success
- To contribute to the development and delivery of high quality, relevant curriculum, and programmes. Curriculum Development responsibilities include actively contributing to the development of new programmes and producing annual schemes of work
- Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment
- Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use
- Identify and address mathematics and English needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning
- Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge
- Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement
- Ensure compliance with Quality standards set by the College and/or Awarding Bodies
- To take on the role and responsibilities of a Programme Leader for one or more designated programmes
How to Apply
The closing date for the role is 16 February 2023. We will be monitoring the applications daily and reserve the right to withdraw the advert early. Please note only applications submitted through our job portal will be considered. Should you encounter any issues during the application process, please email [email protected].
The City of Portsmouth College was formed in August 2021, from the merger of Highbury College and Portsmouth College merged to form the City of Portsmouth College. Our four campuses are situated in and around Portsmouth. Each Campus provides access to learning facilities for our students. All have fantastic facilities and travel links.Our College offers vocational and academic education and training, from first-step courses to university-level foundation degrees, and specialised services for business and education in the community. We are based across four campuses’ in and around the Portsmouth area. Our courses include A Levels, vocational diplomas (BTECs), GCSEs, Foundation Degrees, Apprenticeships and unaccredited leisure courses.
- Day one enrolment into the Teachers Pension Scheme [TPS] or Local Government Pension Scheme [LGPS] for support staff members:
- The TPS is a Defined Benefit Scheme based on your annual pensionable earnings, re-valued each year, rather than a scheme reliant on how investments perform, so you can see what pension benefits you’ve built up and can work out how much pension you’ll receive at your chosen retirement date. for more detail go to: https://www. teacherspensions.co.uk
- The LGPS is a national pension scheme for people working in local government or working for other employers that participate in the scheme. for more detail go to: https://www.hants.gov.uk/hampshire-services/pensions/local-government
- The TPS and LGPS provide you with an income for your retirement and you can even take part of your pension as a tax-free lump sum when you retire.
- You and your employer pay contributions towards the cost of your pension. It’s a great way to save for your future and pay a little less tax every month, as you’re taxed on your salary after your pension contribution has been taken. The TPS provides pension benefits for you and your loved ones.
- Company Sick Pay
- A generous holiday allowance of 38 days (inclusive of bank holidays) plus an additional 3-day Christmas closure, increasing up to 41 days with length of service
- Provision of additional leave for a variety of circumstances designed to support you in your life outside of the workplace
- Flexible working arrangements, with staff able to request flexible working arrangements from the start of their employment with us
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers a wide range of free and confidential advice and guidance to all staff which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Exclusive access to CoPC Rewards, our internal rewards platform that offers a wide range of discounts and instant savings across many retailers.
- Free Onsite Car Parking
- Onsite Canteen facilities at our Cosham and Tangier Road Campus’ serve a wide range of drinks and food throughout the day, along with a bright and airy seating area to enjoy a coffee with colleagues or a team lunch.
- An onsite Ofsted Registered Nursery, Honeypot. Honeypot is a 54-place nursery catering for children from birth to school age. We have three separate, bright and child-friendly rooms catering for the different needs of each age group. It's open Monday to Friday 7.30am-6pm for 51 weeks a year. In 2015 Honeypot Nursery was declared 'outstanding' by Ofsted. Their report said staff provided an 'exceptionally welcoming, attractive and stimulating environment for children
- Use of Eden Salons at a discounted rate. Our hair and beauty salons on our Cosham Campus incorporate three purpose-designed rooms, fully equipped with everything you'd expect to find in commercial premises. Eden Salons offer a wide range of treatments carried out by students under the direct supervision of highly qualified staff
- Use of the Gym and Fitness suite facilities at our Cosham Campus at a discounted rate. The Fitness Suite caters for people of all ability levels. You can keep fit in a friendly environment and make the most of a wide range of gym equipment designed to help weight loss and improve overall fitness. You'll be provided with a comprehensive Fitness Induction, ensuring you have the knowledge necessary to use the fitness equipment in a safe, competent manner, putting you on the way to a healthy and rewarding lifestyle.
- Discounted Travel via First Bus
- A massive 50% discount on travel to the Isle of Wight via Hover travel for you and your friends and family when they travel with you.
The city of Portsmouth College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. The College celebrates diversity and aims to recruit a diverse range of staff.
The city of Portsmouth College is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The attached Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use personal information.