We will be reviewing and interviewing candidates as and when we receive applications, therefore please apply as soon as possible as this vacancy may close before the end date advertised.WHAT WE DO
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, this exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional person who wants to be involved in a leading role in the delivery of a robust professional Health and Safety service within the Group. You will be joining an established and developing health and safety services team.
We offer a generous support package which includes 27 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays and additional time off between Christmas and New year. We offer a generous pension scheme with the employer contributing up to 17.3% plus other great benefits. WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensuring compliance with the Groups related policies and procedures, providing guidance and support / advice as required.
- Continuously improving processes and practices to ensure a streamlined, efficient and effective Health and Safety service.
- Provide managers with guidance and advice to enable them to handle routine health and safety issues.
- Investigate accidents and incidents and track and report these to various committees.
- Produce trend analysis, etc. and producing statistics for inclusion in statutory returns and internal reports.
- Attend and contribute to Health and Safety Committees and other groups as required.
- Undertaking full Health and Safety audits and inspections within the Group.
- Reviewing the production of risk assessments and method statements.
- Acting as the key point of contact for the College/Campuses managers on any health and safety related matters.
- Must have the NEBOSH General Certificate or an NVQ level 3 or equivalent in a related area
- Previous experience of working in a Health & Safety role
- Must be able to interpret legislation, rules and standards and apply them effectively
- Be able to deliver Health & Safety training
- Ability to react to emerging Health and safety issues
- Able to understand complex issues around health & safety to identify and solve problems
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to influence other stakeholders
For more information about the role please contact:
Ian Hughes - Head of SHE Services - [email protected]
James Shelton - SHE Services Manager - [email protected]