WEA have an exciting opportunity for an Education Coordinator to join our Yorkshire and Humber team.
You will get...
- A salary of £27,693 - £29,746
- Enhanced holiday entitlement (30 days, plus bank holidays);
- Agile working opportunities;
- Life insurance cover;
- Employee assistance programme;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Eye care vouchers.
You will be responsible for developing, delivering and maintaining a key educational programme in the Hull area, ensuring that through effective stakeholder engagement learners are recruited onto programmes and have an outstanding experience.
The scale and breadth of our curriculum offer is what makes us special. It is our most powerful and important tool in meeting the needs of our learners and the communities, regardless of starting point or educational need - We bring learning to the learner, whether it be in local trusted venues or their living room via online learning.
The Education Coordinator will have responsibility for the coordination, management and development of our AEB funded education provision across the Hull area, and for supporting the delivery of local non-AEB activity.
You will be responsible for developing local partnerships as part of our learner recruitment strategy, with a focus on community-based partnerships to ensure we are engaging those hardest to reach in learning.
You will work with your Area Manager to identify potential business development opportunities in the area to align with regional objectives. The post holder is expected to live in the area, with regular travel around community venues.
At the heart of a closely-knit area team, you will support and manage tutors, engage volunteers and local branches, and identify business development opportunities ensuring provision is aligned to funding outcomes and an evidence-based framework. In doing so you will maximize the impact of adult education in your area whilst promoting WEA as the education provider of choice.
Are you passionate about lifelong learning? Join the UK's largest voluntary sector adult education provider.
As an Education Coordinator, you should:
- Have a degree, or equivalent, with a level 4 teaching qualification (level 5 specialism if appropriate) and have IQA and Assessor qualifications;
- Be exceptionally organised and methodical;
- Have experience of managing and developing tutors to achieve quality outcomes for learners;
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to support, mentor and coach colleagues to reach their full growth potential;
- Have experience in using IT systems including Microsoft 365, and ideally in creating online provision as you will be required to use, and support tutors to use, our Canvas VLE;
- Be committed to a strong team work ethic. We like to collaborate and support each other;
- Have a passion for adult education, and making a difference!
The WEA is the UKs largest voluntary sector provider of adult education, a charity dedicated to bringing high quality, professional education into the heart of communities.
We are working hard to create a workplace that reflects the communities we seek to serve and in which everyone feels empowered to be themselves and work together to drive positive change. We strongly encourage applicants from a diverse range of candidates and encourage everyone with the appropriate skills, experiences and potential to apply.