Hugh Baird College is looking to recruit an Examinations Apprentice to assist the Examinations Manager and Examinations Co-ordinators in the co-ordination of examination activities across the College, helping to ensure student registrations, claims, results, post-results services and examination scheduling/timetabling are delivered efficiently and timely.
- To achieve the Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Business and Administration to agreed timescales.
- To ensure that 20% of your working week is dedicated to your apprenticeship study or off the job training.
- To ensure that you keep an up-to-date and accurate record of your of- the-job record.
- To complete any work set by your assessor to agreed deadlines.
- To attend maths and English classes if these are required as part of your apprenticeship.
Key tasks would also include:
- To carry out a variety of day to day business administration tasks within a busy office environment as directed by the Examinations Manager or the Examinations Co-ordinators.
- To maintain effective filing and record keeping systems that comply with College procedures and audit requirements.
- To deal with day-to-day correspondence and, where appropriate, draft responses to communications.
- To act as a point of contact for those outside of the department and to liaise with internal colleagues and customers.
- To act as first point of contact in relation to enquirers to the team, including: answering telephone calls, taking messages and responding to them or passing them on as appropriate.
- To provide administrative and support to the team with due to regard to confidentiality and security.
- To monitor the Exams email address and to resolve appropriate queries as they arise.