Reduced Year, 40 weeks per year WHAT WE DO
Leeds City College is the main education provider for post-16 students within the Leeds City region. The SEND department provide support to students with Education, Health and Care plans, and advise teaching staff on support strategies for students with SEND. WHAT YOU WILL DO
This role allows the college to benefit from expertise around a SEND specialism, such as Autism, Dyslexia, SEMH. You will work with staff and students to ensure that your specialist area of expertise is promoted within the college. The role will be based at one of the main campuses, but may involve working across other departments to share good practice and knowledge. You will work directly with students, supervise the Oasis room and work with managers to deliver training around your specialism. YOUR PROFILE
You will have:
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
- Expertise in a specific area of specialism with regards to SEND (e.g. autism, dyslexia, medical, SEMH).
- Experience of dealing with a range of SEND needs and understanding of support and de-escalation strategies.
- Clear oral and written and IT communication skills with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels in the college.
- Ability to identify support needs and plan interventions effectively.
- Ability to work proactively and target interventions before issues emerge.
For more information about the role please contact:
Nathan Edwards[email protected]